Sunday, November 21, 2010

Convert Book to eBook Project—Part 6

Darnit. Why am I such a perfectionist? Once I started thinking about how the footnotes really needed to be linked, I was done. So I started doing that this morning. And like I said, the Sigil software is pretty good, but kind of quirky. I figured out how to make the footnote numbers superior "sup". Pretty easy. Well it was for the most part, but at some point something went wonky in chapter one (the longest chapter!!!) And it inserted "sup" and "/sup" in front of every single paragraph. So, I had to go through and change it back, all by handcoding. Very tedious. It also did it again near the end of the book.

I did a lot more cleaning up (mostly of code this time, stuff no one would even see), but again, this took all day, which is much more time than I had anticipated.

Although it's not perfect, I feel pretty good about this. I also converted it into a different format, just for the heck of it. The version below is in fb2 format. I have no way to test it out (it is supposed to be an xml only format), but I figured, why not try it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment